The UAMS College of Medicine invites you to submit nominations for the 2017 Dean’s Distinguished Alumnus Award. Nominations must be received by Friday, May 19, 2017.
The award was established in 1973 to recognize College of Medicine graduates who have demonstrated exceptional achievement and contributions to medicine through patient care, research, education, health administration and/or other forms of leadership and service.
This year’s recipient will be recognized at a ceremony on campus during Alumni Weekend, Saturday, August 19, 2017.
The honoree will also be recognized on the College of Medicine website, joining 43 previous recipients. Please check the list before preparing a nomination to ensure that the alumnus has not previously received the award.
- Widely recognized accomplishments in clinical care, research,
teaching, health administration and/or other forms of leadership and
service in medicine
- Long-term service to Arkansans or others
- Character representing the ideals and values of UAMS
- Demonstrated interest and support for the College of Medicine
- Awardees may be active in their career or retired
Nomination packets must include the following:
- Nomination Form
- Nominee’s resume or CV
- Nominating letter (describing in detail how the candidate reflects some or all of the selection criteria
Letters of support and additional materials regarding a nominee are welcome.